My career background began as a medical-surgical and trauma nurse, first in emergency rooms and other traditional medical environments. I began to use more of a holistic approach – which really means treating the person as a whole being – and looking at everything in a life that can contribute to physical/structural distress, rather than a collection of symptoms. This mindset, and my own personal skeletal issue, led me on a natural path toward chiropractic. This has been the emphasis of my holistic medical career for over the past 25 years.
I believe healing is a process of unifying and aligning the body, mind and spirit. As a chiropractor, my role is to facilitate, support and witness your healing process. My approach is based upon the Triad of Health – working toward the structural, emotional and biochemical components of each individual – being in balance and supporting one another.
- Kinesiology: a science that tests/treats the nerve energy supporting the strength of individual muscles and helping to obtain diagnostic information about the health of the correlating organ functions.
- Network Chiropractic: an integrative system of successive light adjustments to release tension patterns in the spine, freeing the nervous system to heal itself.
- Gentle Manipulation of the vertebrae.
- Craniosacral therapy: a gentle method of touch to evaluate and enhance the function of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds/protects the brain and spinal cord.
- Ice and Heat: reduces muscle and joint inflammation/spasm to help the body accept adjustment with less stress and greater effectiveness.
When the body is freed of emotional stressors that affect physical wellbeing, less structural work is necessary. Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET) is a safe, gentle, effective and non-psychological method of uncovering/releasing deep emotion that has been “locked” in the body as a result of life events and traumas.
Nutrition is the basis of the biochemical aspect of the body. When we feed ourselves whole, natural and healthy foods full of vital life force we can support and even change the structure of the body. Recommendations on dietary choices and nutritional supplements may be recommended to support health and wellness.